I view optimizations as an investment into my time and productivity. Accordingly, my workflow is heavily optimized.
Here are the tools I use on a daily basis:
- Vim (for notes, writing, and coding)
- iTerm2 (for an excellent terminal)
- fish (shell)
- monobox (for a uniform developer enviroment)
- git (for version control)
- kite (for autocompletion)
You can see my settings/deps at my dotfiles repo. Additionally, you can see my provisioning scripts here. Combined, these tools and scripts allow me to setup my prefered developer enviroment rapidly, which increases my flexibilty.